EURAF welcomes invitations for partnerships in future projects related to agroforestry, particularly in Europe (where we have our strongest network) but also from projects overseas. Please contact a member of EURAF's Executive Committee for any questions and suggestions.
The European Agroforestry Federation currently participates in the AFINET European project
AFINET (Agroforestry Innovation Networks) is a thematic network aimed to foster the exchange and the knowledge transfer between scientists and practitioners in the agroforestry. AFINET acts at European level in order to take up research results into practice and to promote innovative ideas to face challenges and resolve problems of practitioners. AFINET partners include universities and/or organizations from nine european countries and one international organization. The project is coordinated from the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain).
Please visit the AFINET website for further information about the project
AGFORWARD (AGroFORestry that Will Advance Rural Development) is a large four-year project funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7). Twenty-six partners work under the coordination of Cranfield University. It started in January 2014 and will continue until December 2017. The objectives of the project are:
- To understand the context and extent of agroforestry systems in Europe;
- To identify, develop and field-test innovations to improve the benefits and viability of agroforestry systems in Europe;
- To evaluate innovative agroforestry designs and practices for locations where agroforestry is currently not-practised or is declining, and to quantify the opportunities for uptake at a field-, farm- and landscape-scale.
- To promote the wider adoption of appropriate agroforestry systems in Europe through policy development and dissemination (such as on this website).
You will find more information on the Agforward website.
In this project EURAF is particularly involved in the policy and dissemination workpackages. Please follow the link to learn more about EURAF's activities within the AGFORWARD consortium in 2014.
AGROFE (Agroforestry Education in Europe) is a project that aims to develop a teaching system for agroforestry formation and promotion in Europe. Under the coordination of Agrosup Dijon (France), fourteen partners are working:
- To produce a professional book of references as a support for transfers in training with a common framework and adaptation to local or national context;
- To create a knowledge database which will be used for training tools and resources and which will also integrate existing resources;
- To implement experimentation in initial training in individual countries;
- To develop a certification system for all levels of education adapted to particular country education systems and needs.
Please follow the link for further information about the AGROFE project and EURAF's activities within the project.